Social Media Community Manager – Full-time
We Make Stuff Happen is a full-service, Abbotsford-based Digital Marketing and Training Agency that helps businesses to tell their story online and on the ground.Job brief:
We are looking for an additional, talented Social Media Community Manager to create and maintain a strong online presence for our clients. The Manager’s role is to create and implement online marketing strategies through various social media channels.
As a Social Media Community Manager, you will develop original and curated content and campaigns, and suggest creative ways to attract more followers and create loyal fans. Ultimately, you should be able to increase web traffic and customer engagement metrics aligned with our clients’ broader marketing strategies.
If you are a tech-savvy professional with an interest in communicating with various audiences through online channels, we would like to meet you!
- Researching audience preferences and discovering current trends
- Creating and curating engaging text, image and video content for weekly content calendars
- Creating and managing paid social media advertising campaigns
- Creating and managing unpaid social media campaigns (contests, promotions, specials, etc…)
- Designing posts to sustain readers’ curiosity and creating buzz
- Staying up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness
- Responding to queries from social media audiences in a timely manner and encouraging conversations
- Reporting on online reviews and feedback from customers and fans
- Developing an optimal posting schedule, taking customer engagement metrics into consideration
- Suggesting new ways to attract new fans (e.g. promotions, contests)
- Optimizing social media accounts
- Experience in Marketing, Social Media, PR & Communications or a relevant field
- Proven work experience in social media with recent, relevant experience
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn)
- Experience with Hootsuite social media management and bulk-scheduling dashboard
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite and Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to produce and edit written copy
- Demonstrated ability to produce graphic content
- Experience with photo and video editing is an asset
- Ability to analyze social media metrics/insights and pick up on trends
- Familiarity with online marketing strategies and marketing channels
- Ability to grasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively
- Excellent verbal and written communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to multitask and resolve issues in a creative manner
Hours of work:
- 40 hours per week, some overtime may be required.
- Competitive hourly wage
- Professional development opportunities
Please apply by submitting your cover letter and resume in a PDF format to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.